Ciclovia Belfast – keeping the fun going at Botanic Gardens!
We did say that this year we are aiming to make Ciclovia Belfast the biggest and best yet. With more activities at our two hubs at Botanic Gardens and Belfast City Hall, as well as along the route, everyone is sure to be entertained. What’s more, after the roads open at 12:30pm we are keeping the fun going at Botanic Gardens until 3pm!
Here’s a reminder of the activity that you will find from 0930 – 3pm at Botanic Gardens on Sunday 24th September:
- Physical activity sessions from Fitness Freddie. These fun and interactive dance workshops are always a winner with children.
- Dance performances by local dancing schools; including Racha Dance hip hop crew – all-Ireland hip-hop dance champions from West Belfast featuring young people from 7 – 11yrs.
- Walkabout characters will be on hand to encourage children to become involved in the Ciclovia activities, with face painting inside and outside of the Gardens.
- Conservation Volunteers will provide “Growing workshops” for children to encourage children to grow vegetables and herbs. Kids take home what they plant.
- Belfast City Council Children’s Scavenger Hunt around the Gardens.
- Lawn Games including giant connect 4 and croquet.
- Mobile Team Adventure will provide a Cycling Obstacle Course and Laser Tag.
- Athletics NI will encourage you to see how fast can you run on the grand lawn.
- Free Bike Checks by locally based servicing and repair company Mech Monkey. They will advise you of any work that is required to make sure that your bike is safe and roadworthy.
Make a note in your diary for the official cycle with the Lord Mayor at 10am which will leave from the McClay Library entrance to Botanic Gardens. If you don’t have a bike you can always hire a Belfast Bike from any of the docking stations along the Ciclovia Route. You can register online at www.belfastbikes.co.uk, call 034 3357 1551 or input your details at one of the docking station terminals.
Make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @CicloviaBelfast #CicloviaBelfast. We need your help to spread the word and help us make this the biggest and best Ciclovia Belfast yet.
So get on your bike, get your friends on their bikes and cycle traffic-free in the heart of Belfast on Sunday 24th September 0930 – 12:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there.