Ciclovia Belfast – What’s on at City Hall
With only days to go to the third Ciclovia Belfast we are gearing up for the biggest and best Ciclova Belfast yet. With road closures in place from 0930 – 12:30pm cyclists of all ages and abilities will enjoy a traffic free cycle along a route (see our route video on the website www.cicloviabelfast.com or on Facebook or Twitter) between two hubs – Botanic Gardens and Belfast City Hall.
While the cycle freeway is in place you can cycle the route whichever way you choose. Don’t forget there will be an official cycle of the route at 10am with Lord Mayor of Belfast. If you would like to take part the meeting point is the McClay Library entrance to Botanic Gardens. Also, when the roads reopen at 12:30pm we have extended Ciclovia time,with lots of fun activities, in Botanic Gardens until 3pm.
Our hub at City Hall will be filled with fun for all the family. Here’s a reminder of what’s in store
- IFA soccer skills activities
- A climbing wall
- Mini children’s obstacle course
- Try It Sports A range of activities will be offered to help get Everybody Active – try your hand at Bowls or Badminton with top coaches
- Local Belfast business McConvey Cycles will provide free bike checks and will advise you of any work that is needed to make your bike safe and roadworthy
- Eastside Arts’ quirky pop up people’s prescription pharmacy – collect your ‘prescription’ of art, craft or small messages to make you feel good for the rest of the day
- Connswater Community Greenway – learn about this fantastic project which features a 16km greenway (cycle/walkway) connecting east Belfast
- PSNI – Bike Security Tagging. Get your bike tagged for free
Ciclovia Belfast is fun, free and for everyone. There is no need to register – just turn up on the day and enjoy the traffic free cycle route in the heart of the city.
Make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @CicloviaBelfast #CicloviaBelfast. We need your help to spread the word and help us make this the biggest and best Ciclovia Belfast yet.
So get on your bike, get your friends on their bikes and cycle traffic-free in the heart of Belfast on Sunday 24th September 0930 – 12:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there.